From my studio in Cambridgeshire I work in partnership with design agencies and small businesses as a freelance Shopify developer. As a registered Shopify Partner, I’m proud to say every Shopify theme I build is bespoke and tailored to your individual requirements.
Is this service for you
My freelance Shopify developer service is best suited to design agencies or companies who require both Frontend and backend Shopify theme development. I can also take supplied frontend markup and convert this into a bespoke Shopify theme, should you have your own in-house frontend developer.
To commence you’ll need to have your page visual designs signed off and ready for development, including all core templates required by Shopify.
Note: This service is not suited to those that are looking for a low cost solution by modifying or extending upon an off-the-shelf Shopify theme!
- A bespoke Shopify theme
- Each and every Shopify site I build is bespoke. Put simply I stay well clear of third party themes! By providing a tailored service I can ensure your site is faithful to your designs, functions as intended and is optimised for SEO and performance.
- Fully content managed
- Where I can, I ensure all aspects of the site are editable from the Shopify admin dashboard. That includes your main navigation, product inventory and site media to name a few. For more complex CMS driven stores I recommend WooCommerce.
- In addition to excellent documentation, Shopify offers an intuitive admin for content creation. As part of my freelance Shopify developer service I will introduce you to the platform and provide training on how to author content on your new Shopify site.
- Pushing your site live
- Once development is signed off I can migrate your website form my own Shopify partner account into your own Shopify account. For optimum performance & security I also recommend we utilise CloudFlare for your DNS and CDN.
Shopify is a managed eCommerce platform, that means your CMS admin, hosting and payment gateways are all controlled by shopify. You pay Shopify a monthly subscription fee in return for these benefits (including a percentage of each sale).
If the managed approach is not for you or you require something a little more complex I recommend my WooCommerce service.
- Affordable and flexible
- Shopify offers plans to suit a range of business sizes, from a basic plan right up to enterprise level Shopify plus. The best part is you’re free to start small and change your plan once your business grows. You can even add a POS if you branch into a bricks and mortar store.
- Hosting and payment gateways included
- As a managed platform your site data (themes files and product inventory) are hosted on Shopify’s on data servers. This ensures a seamless experience for both yourself your end users. You’ll also benefit from increased security due to automatic updates, certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliance and hassle free payment gateway setup.
- Extendable via plugins
- You can extend your store and introduce powerful new features via the official Shopify App Store either for free or for a small monthly fee.
How much could it cost
Unlike some, I don’t like to bill by the hour. Instead I’ll review the requirements of your project and provide a flat-rate cost for the development of your Shopify website. I find this is much more transparent and beneficial for both parties. The costs of a typical project will vary depending on the scope and scale, so for a quotation please get in touch.