From my studio in Cambridgeshire I work in partnership with freelance designers, design agencies and direct clients as a freelance WordPress developer. I build bespoke WordPress websites tailored to each specific project. I also take great pride in saying I don’t use any off the shelf WordPress themes either.
Is this service for you
My freelance WordPress developer service is best suited to design agencies and companies who require both frontend and backend WordPress development. That being said, I am also able to take supplied frontend markup and convert this into a bespoke WordPress theme.
I recommend my Hugo service for those that require a CMS but would prefer the speed and security of a static site.
Note: This service is not suited to those that are looking for a low cost solution by modifying or extending upon an off-the-shelf theme.
- A bespoke WordPress theme
- Each and every WordPress site I build is unique. Put simply I never use off the shelf themes! By providing a bespoke service I can ensure your site functions as intended, is faithful to your designs and fully optimised for SEO and performance.
- Fully content managed
- Where I can, I ensure all aspects of the site are client editable from the WordPress admin dashboard. That includes navigation, footer content & contact forms to name a few. If you want to simplify or lock down access to specific users I can also customise the admin to suit.
- WordPress is renowned for its simplicity and ease of use. As part of my freelance WordPress developer service I will provide an introduction to the software and training on how to use and get the most out of your new website.
- Pushing your site live
- Once signed off I can migrate your WordPress site from my own development server to a host of your choice. For optimum performance & security I recommend Flywheel for hosting and CloudFlare for DNS and CDN.
The beauty of WordPress is in its simplicity, the intuitive interface has played a part in its ever growing popularity. If you can use a word processor you’ll be up and running with this content management system in no time! Below you’ll find some other reasons as to why your next website should be powered by this hugely popular software.
- The world’s most installed CMS
- Established in 2003, it is estimated that WordPress now powers over 60 million websites worldwide. Its popularity is huge, driving the sites of many big names including the BBC, Ebay and Sony to name a few.
- Easy to learn and use
- You want to be using your website, not battling to understand it. Fortunately WordPress is arguably one of the most intuitive and user-friendly solutions out there. You’ll find support through thousands of online tutorials and articles including the official support site.
- Extendable via plugins
- Need to extend WordPress to suit a need or requirement? Its vast library of over 50,000 plugins will have you covered. Best of all, many are free and developed by and for this incredible community of users!
- Open source
- Unlike some propriety content management systems, WordPress is open-source, free to use and modify. I can avoid costly licensing fees that some other proprietary CMS systems charge and pass these savings back onto you.
How much could it cost
Unlike some, I don’t like to bill by the hour. Instead I’ll review the requirements of your project and provide a flat-rate cost for the development of your WordPress website. I find this is much more transparent and beneficial for both parties. The costs of a typical project will vary depending on the scope and scale, so for a quotation please get in touch.